Pokemon Go is the first app ever released by the Pokemon company, it involves walking to real-life locations in the hopes of finding and catching Pokemon or topping up your supplies at a Pokestop (there are also Gyms but I haven’t ventured that far yet so can’t really give my opinion on them).
- It’s fun? This is a question due to the divided opinions of those who play Pokemon Go and those who detest it.
- Encourages walking, you have to walk certain distances to hatch eggs and you can’t cheat by driving (trust me I’ve tried).
- It creates a sense of community, if you step outside you’ll find huddles of people scattered around searching for Pokemon together.
- It’s free to download and play.
- Drains your battery
- Uses a lot of data
- It crashes a lot mid-game
- Can be a dangerous distraction, there have been many news stories of people falling off cliffs and getting run over. Idiots.
Although I admit, I do like to have a look around for easy to reach Pokemon; I always thought that Pokemon wanted to be the very best and I think they may have missed the mark with this one.