I’m sure everybody is aware that exercise is good for them, however sometimes that’s not enough to get our arses off the sofa and get moving. I thought I’d list some of the many benefits of exercise and some easy ways to get moving, mainly in the hopes of motivating myself.
- Helps to control weight
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Improves body shape
- Helps to reduce blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
- Helps to keep your bones, muscles and joints healthy
- Can reduce stress and make you happier
- Brisk walk
- Going to the gym
- Aerobic class
- This list could go on forever…
I think the main thing is to make sure that you enjoy whichever form of exercise you decide to go for, as long as you aim for moderate exercise that increases your heart rate and makes it hard to natter without losing your breath then it’s good for you!
Getting started is the hardest hurdle but once you get into the routine, you might find yourself looking forward to exercising.