If the Great British Bake Off has you dying to bake every week, then you can ease into baking with this easy peasy banana bread recipe.
100g softened butter
175g caster sugar
2 large eggs
2 mashed ripe bananas
225g self raising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. milk
Optional but recommended: chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas 4.
2. Grease a 2lb loaf tin with butter
3. Measure all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat until well blended (doesn’t take too long)
4. Spoon the mixture into the tin and give it a little shake to level it out
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown (stick a knife or a skewer into the middle, if it comes out clean you’re good to go)
6. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool further