“There is no typical OU student. People of all ages and backgrounds study with us, for all sorts of reasons – to update their skills, get a qualification, boost their career, change direction, prove themselves, keep mentally active. The OU is open to them all.”
The Open University’s Former Vice-Chancellor, Martin Bean
The Open University was established by Harold Wilson in 1969 with the goal of widening access to higher education by offering flexible distance learning courses to the public.
- You’re never too old to get a degree
- Costs less
- Can work and study at the same time
- Do not need any academic qualifications
- Less face-to-face contact with other students and tutors
- Takes a lot of self-motivation and commitment
- Do not experience conventional university (getting drunk and missing lectures etc)
Have you tried any other distance learning provider?