You may be fortunate enough to have never experienced social anxiety, however it is a lot more common then you might think. This list may help you to recognise some signs of social anxiety that either you or somebody you know may be experiencing:
- You’re always forced or encouraged to attend a party.
- You’re constantly tired due to you’re fight or flight mode being engaged all the time.
- You may experience physical symptoms such as an increased heart rate, sweating and shortness of breath.
- You panic when the phone rings, whatever time of day – even if you’re expecting a phone call.
- You second guess yourself over most things and end up convincing yourself that you’re wrong.